Designers use fashion figure drawings to express their ideas on paper. Generally, each designer has a signature fashion figure they use over and over. This figure is generally lanky, with extremely long and thin limbs. This tutorial will show you how to draw a generic fashion figure that can be versatile and suit your needs.
- 1Sketch a pose for our drawing. Remember that you'll be drawing a human figure using basic shapes. This time, though, the figure is going to be thinner and taller than the average person.
- 2Add in shapes as shown. Notice how thin the figure is and how long the legs are compared to "normal" human drawing.
- 3Sketch an outline of your image. You don't need to add in too much detail on the face or hands. You're welcome to add hair if desired, but it's by no means necessary. Keep in mind that your drawing must serve the purpose of highlighting the clothes.
- 4Add in the clothes you have in mind. Think of the figure as a mannequin.
- 5Outline the whole drawing with permanent media. Ink or paint works the best. Wait a while before erasing the guidelines.
- 6Color it and you're done!