Drawing the human head is easier if were to draw it in profile or side view. Hence, here is tutorial on how to draw the human head in half a profile and in profile view. Follow this tutorial if you want to learn how.
Forward Facing Head
Profile Human Head
- Photos are helpful, but you have to see everything. Look for little details, like exactly how the bridge of the nose slants, and exactly how far apart eyes are. Drawing well comes from seeing well.
- Tutorials like these are okay, but don't let them restrict you! Draw what you see and how you see it, not how this tells you to. This is only a suggestion, mainly for those needing to get to know the most basic proportions of the human head. Follow your instincts!
- Try to draw a bit lightly. you can always fine out the lines when you are finished and happy with your work. Making the lines too dark will make it hard to erase what you don't like. But,still don't be too worried about erasing! Worrying too much about the steps you take will ruin a picture.
- If you make a mistake, do not be upset. Try again, taking things lightly.
- Try looking back and trying again to see how to improve your drawing.
- Remember to shade! Light and shadow can make even the stupidest drawing look fairly realistic. It's not a cure-all, but it'll help.
- Some artists believe that there are no mistakes in drawing. A small "mistake" can add character to a drawing if it is blended in properly to the drawing.
- You should always use a pencil rather than a pen because you will not be able to erase any mistakes you make.